Trustpilot is an online review company with 40 million reviews worldwide of more than 180,000 businesses. The Trustpilot Business Product is a crucial part of the system, allowing businesses to respond to their customers' reviews, view trends and insights, and get marketing tools.
During my time leading the UX team at Trustpilot, we made some big improvements for our customers that helped us reach key business goals.
Increasing sales leads
From interviews I conducted with our customers, we knew that the upgrade and sales process was painful. Users didn't understand the value of upgrading from within the app, ran into usability issues when trying to upgrade, and needed more information about pricing.
My team used concept tests, fake door tests, and split testing to create a new in-app upgrade flow for users. We also designed a beautiful new business website with a transparent pricing plan.
The new upgrade flow resulted in a 3x increase in upgrade requests sent to the sales team, and the redesigned business website increased demo requests by 236%.
I did user research on the upgrade flow and sales process and gave feedback and direction on the resulting design work.
Helping customers find key features with ease
During interviews with 14 Trustpilot customers, I discovered that many of them had trouble finding items in the product, creating usability issues and leading to disengagement.
I redesigned the information architecture (IA) and updated the navigation of the business product. My tasks included:
conducting a baseline usability study with new business users to find out whether they could complete key tasks and how long it took
running a remote card sort in Trello with customers to find out how they would ideally arrange our content and tasks in our product
collaborating and iterating with product managers, designers, and engineers to come up with a new IA that made sense for all areas of the product
creating wireframes to stress-test the IA and try out ideas for a new navigation
The revised IA and navigation are still in progress.
I was responsible for redesigning the IA and navigation, scoping the project, and collaborating with multiple product teams while gathering input from all designers. I created the sketches, IA map, and wireframes shown above.