Looking for a seasoned product designer? Let's chat.
My 11 years of experience includes product and UX design, user research, and leading design teams. I excel in helping companies and teams build products based on data and user needs.
Some areas of design I especially enjoy:
I love listening to and observing people and creating products based on what they want and need. Some ways I've done this include:
- Using exploratory, generative, and evaluative research methods to come up with innovative ideas for a new customer segment
- Designing a new product, from initial concept to final mockups, using test-and-learn methods
- Planning and moderating many kinds of qualitative research, including interviews, site visits, concept tests, usability studies, and workshops.
- Teaching workshops on design thinking and user research methods. For an example, check out the slides from my workshop on Product Discovery from the 2017 UX Copenhagen conference.
I've contributed to a high-level design strategy in various ways, including:
- Creating a vision video to help the team envision a future product experience
- Creating design roadmaps and design principles
- Collaborating with user researchers to create a user research roadmap and develop personas
Guidance + Leadership
Leading a design team, mentoring, and teaching is extremely rewarding. I've helped others grow through:
- Interviewing, hiring, and mentoring designers and user researchers (and writing about it on Medium!)
- Co-creating yearly skill evaluations and quarterly growth plans with my UX team
- Being a mentor for university courses in the U.S. and Denmark to help students practice user-centered design and innovation
- Teaching a interaction design at California College of the Arts
- Planning design summits, hosting critiques, bringing in speakers, and doing things like improv classes to keep my team inspired